Janet worked with my children to complete and polish their college essays. I found her approach to be straightforward and highly effective, and my children enjoyed the way she coached them. She relieved me from the stress of overseeing this important element of the application process and from having to be the “nagging” parent. I highly recommend Janet to anyone looking for a writing coach—for college essays or otherwise.Jodi Grossman
Writing Coach for Students Preparing Essays for College Applications
Janet Braccio is a highly effective writing coach who works individually with students preparing their essays for college applications. She combines her knowledge as a professional writer with her experience in crafting unique first-person narratives to help students write responses to prompts that are authentic and distinguishing in voice and content.
In addition to making sure that each essay has substantial content with personal and descriptive anecdotes, Janet provides mini-lessons in grammar and punctuation, and illustrates, through example, how to proofread drafts and polish the final version.
Working with Janet, students can be assured of a motivating writing experience while being held accountable to a reasonable timetable.
The process—what to expect
• Initial consultation, in person or by phone, to determine timeline for common app essays
• Thorough review of student’s first draft
• Working session, in person or by phone, to discuss ideas, improvements, and edits
• Thorough review of the second draft
• Additional feedback to polish and complete essay
• Conversation to assess if help is needed with supplemental essays
Is your first draft written?
Call Janet at 303-499-9031 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
$650 for finished and polished essay